Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Holidays!

just sitting here, making my Christmas in July (CinJ) wish list which I'm sure you're all doing as well. I thought it was an awesome idea to publish it publically to make it easier on those who need to buy me a gift for this holiday.

CinJ comes but once a year and for those of you who don't know too much about the rules and traditions, I'm about to fill you in. I'm actually making up my own traditions. like right now. I've never technically celebrated CinJ before, but I feel like I need to be loved lately and what better way to do so than to accept gifts?

FIRST of all, don't bother googling CinJ because you'll come across pages that involve that a-hole up at the NPole and no one cares to see him until December because regardless of what you've heard, he's not flying his fat a*% around in a sleigh in 90 degree heat. if you think about it, how would he even air condition that thing? he doesn't because it doesn't happen.

anyhow, try to erase any visions that you have of crimson or clover or any other obvious holiday color because even though they're compliments of each other on the wheel of color, they kinda look uncomfortable together and should only be combined if you're an international flag. or anything Gucci. also, the cocktail of choice is vodka lemonade. yes, it's an obvious summertime drink but you'd be surprised how many bars do not provide lemonade as a mixer. like real lemonade, not that sour mix stuff someone tried to make my vodka lemonade with once. or maybe twice. I can't remember because as I've mentioned, I've never technically celebrated CinJ and I do NOT drink vodka lemonades on a regular basis.

speaking of Gucci, here's my list!:

1. Vintage Gucci!

yes, for realz vintage Gucci sunglasses. now I think this is an amazing CinJ gift. it's thoughtful for a few reasons. first of all, the concern for the shielding of the eyes from the hot ball of gassy happiness in the sky. second, they're VINTAGE so it looks like someone took time to rummage through Ester's estate sale, even though no rummaging was involved for these beauties. and third of all, I love them so it would be thoughful to buy them for me.

2.Vintage Dior!


hmmm. don't make me choose. I mean GUCCI vs. DIOR! what's a girl to do? that's like holding up a picture of John Stamos circa Uncle Jessie and a picture of David Bowie circa Labryrinth to me when I was 7 and making me choose who I would continue to have a crush on into my twenties (fine, thirties). I COULDN'T TELL YOU THAT THEN AND I REFUSE TO CHOOSE NOW! this one's being left up to my gift-giver. (p.s. I really love them both. oh, and two pairs of glasses never hurt anyone.)

3. an amazing handbag made from recycled leather parts that is almost like a circus pony because it actually does tricks:


isn't it magical? it can't decide if it wants to be fat or skinny. it's like a really great dress that looks amazing when it's all free and flowy in the wind, but then you cinch it at the waist with the emergency belt you keep in your handbag and it gives the dress a whole new look. this is the bag version of that dress.

4. I need these

sequins are year round embellishments and in the summer, what better way to include them than as a cutie little clutch that could also double as a makeup bag for the interior of the aforementioned bag. I could be so day-to-night! I'll show up at the office with my amazing magician handbag (#3 on my list) and then when Bri and I go heckle bar rats at night, I"ll amaze them by whipping out my sparkly number. they won't even know what hit them.

5. you're welcome

right now you're thinking two things. one being, "did Nikki take that picture? because it's eerily good." the second is, "thank you for adding such an affordable item to you CinJ list. even though I'm just the lady that sells you your cigarettes, I think you're wonderful and I wanted to get you something for this popular holiday." oh, and to clear the air, no, I did not take the picture of the amazing double-finger bird ring. Beth from Hero at 93 Allen did. she's amazing, you should know her. and I guess her husband Mark is pretty okay, too.

so again, you're welcome. I feel like I'm being ever so kind to my gift-givers because there's actually purpose behind all these possessions. AND because now the eternal questions of "what am I going to get so-and-so for CinJ?" is very simply answered here. enjoy the pre-holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment